My Safe Life is a personal safety course for children aged 7 to 10 years of age presented by SOS 4 Kids! The program was created to help kids feel safe in all their usual places: home, school, online, and during activities.
By means of games, digital media, video and role play, My Safe Life aims to help children develop skills that empower them to make confident choices and live a safe life.
- A Child’s Right to be safe and to get help
- People Safety
- Tricky people/inappropriate adult behaviours
- Safe strangers and strangers to avoid
- Bullying Prevention
- Being Assertive and Getting help from busy adults
- Basic self defence
- Building Strong Communities (Respect, Kindness and Manners)
- Online Safety
- Travel Safety
- Fire Safety
- Injury Prevention
- Emergencies vs Non-Emergencies
- Basic First Aid
Children take home My Safe Life – Personal Safety for Kids participant manual and a wallet-sized card of completion.